Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pepakura Papercraft

A while back I heard of a technique to build 3d models out of paper, called pepakura. I think it is a japanese invetion, like origami. Well, it is actually pretty easy to do, you just have to find a model you want to build (there are lots of them out there in the net), print it out, cut it out and piece it together the right way.^^

Things you'll need:

A cutting knife for smaller areas, a pair of scissors, glue, and some sort of ruler.


Why am I telling you guys something about a japanese papercraft technique?

Easy to answer, because you can build your own props or costume parts with it. It's cheap, fun and in the end you can say: "I did this myself!".

A few days ago I started working on a Boba Fett helmet with this technique, and this is my progress so far...







The templates are from a guy called Skip, he does an awesome job modeling and creating the pdo files. He has his own blog, and you should definately check it out! Just click here!

Well that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter